Jugiong Writers’ Festival
POETRY COMPETITION 2017
Don’t be shy, come and have a go at writing poetry.
Writing poetry is like painting with words.
Poetry is like a game. Poets are masters of observation. Share your beauty with the Jugiong Writers’ Festival.
The focus of writing poetry is on finding your voice, expressing your heart, and sharing it with the world.
Bring out the Poet in you! Write a poem for the Jugiong Writers’ Festival!
- Primary School – Topic: Any
- A – Kindergarten to Yr 2 – one entry per child Prize Money $25
- B – Years 3 to 6 – one entry per child : Prize Money $25
- Secondary School – Topic: Any
- A – Years 7 to 9 – one entry per child : Prize Money $25
- B – Years 10 to 12 – one entry per child : Prize Money $25
- Local – Topic: Any (Local author, defined as a resident of the shires of Hilltops, Gundagai and Cootamundra, and Yass) Prize Money $50
- Open – Topic: Any Prize Money $50
- Champion Poem chosen from the above 6 categories Prize Money $50
Entry Fee Schools – $10 per school Local – $5 per entry Open – $5 per entry
- Closing Date 10th March 2017
- All poetry must be author’s original and unpublished work.
- For school children; the JWF committee kindly requests very minimal assistance from parents and/or teachers
- Poem must not be illustrated
- Entries must be submitted without names on entry, but with name and details on entry form so that poems can be judged anonymously.
- Limit: Poem no longer than 500 words.
- Copyright remains with author however JWF reserves the right to have any entry published, reproduced or publicised for promotion purposes or as part of the JWF event.
- Winning entries will be announced and read on the 18th March as part of the festival.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to
Jugiong Writers Festival
c/- Joy Coggan
Jugiong NSW 2726